Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Tiny Dancer, 8x10 OIl on Canvas

$199.00, Click to Purchase
While in San Miguel de Allende I got to witness a big Aztec festival, with scores of people in bright costumes and huge feather headdresses. They were dancing in the streets, celebrating their conversion to Christianity. So many people dancing in unison, wearing bright colors and glittering outfits presented quite a wonderful sight, but this little girl was my favorite, trying to keep up with the grownups.

When I uploaded the image to Blogger the purple shadows became very bright. I don't know how to overcome that. They are not that bright in the painting.

Here are some of the adults in their costumes. I was so lucky to be town that day!



1 comment:

  1. Well, that must have been so beautiful to see in person. I thought the shadows on the ground in your painting were from those tall palm trees. The little one is so precious.

    ReplyDelete