Saturday, November 1, 2014

White Pelicans, 8x6 Oil on Panel



I separated these three pelicans from the flock that was floating in a pond in the Everglades. There were too many to paint them all, and amazingly, there was an alligator cruising quietly right down the middle of the crowd. I don't know how the birds know when it's time to take flight, but they did seem to have eyes on the alligator, and he never attacked them.

My posts have been few and far between since I had surgery, but I am trying to do better. I'm not as dopey or as apathetic as I was at first, but I still am not myself. I want to be healthy for the big Pieces of 8 Holiday Sale on December 5 and 6 at Ralph's Art Supply in Eau Gallie Arts District. Save the date and a generous block of time, because there will be a lot to look at, not only fine art but affordable gift items as well. 

Carmen

1 comment:

  1. These pelicans are so, hmmm what do you call a pelican anyway, cute or whimsical. Anyway, your painting is lovely, and I'm glad you are doing better since the surgery. These things take time so don't rush it or you might set yourself back. Sending you some virtual hugs.

    ReplyDelete