Monday, April 27, 2015

Fairy Forest, 9x12 Abstract painting, Acrylic on Canvas Panel, Pink and Green



After painting two scrapers (paintings you don't like, so you scrape them off), I decided to do an abstract. Or two. I think I am in one of those artists' funks and I need a vacation. Anyway, an abstract is very liberating compared to trying to decide what's wrong with that nose and is that upper lip too big? When I reached the tipping point on the last painting, the decision whether to keep going or scrape, I realized that trying to save it would be no fun at all. Doing liquid acrylic abstracts was, on the other hand, quite enjoyable though messy. No one will ever see what used to be on that canvas.

"As my artist's statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance." -- Calvin and Hobbes

1 comment:

  1. This is very pretty Carmen and such a good way to get something you like on that canvas (it was being stubbon, wasn't it). Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete