Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Beach People, 10x8 Oil on Canvas Panel, Seascape Daily Painting



As I am writing this it's pouring outside. I hardly know what is left to say about a sunny beach, I have posted so many, so I'll just say I'm glad to see the rain. I am growing Purple Hull Peas, and I know no one north of the Mason-Dixon line knows what I'm talking about. They are the most delicious vegetable one could ever put in one's mouth; they are the Ambrosia of the vegetable world. Though tedious to shell, they are worth it. What could be better than shelling Purple Hulls while watching Last Tango in Halifax? Of course this assumes that I successfully raise a crop. Flowers come easily to me, but vegetables--not so much. We'll see. 

Carmen

1 comment:

  1. Beach People - exemplifies why we get away - to a visual world of the possible and just as quickly - it changes shape - before our eyes - and we cannot wait to find out - what is coming - standing or sitting for hours.

    ReplyDelete