Thursday, October 22, 2015

Sherri and Woody, 20x20 Portrait, Oil on Canvas



I was commissioned by AARP to do a portrait of a caregiver and patient. I was to faithfully represent the people in the photo they sent, as well as the Christmas tree in the background. After the time spent with Sherri and Woody's photo I felt that I knew them. I was one of twenty-one artists chosen to do the art for an exhibit called "Portrait of Care."

The gallery event will be on Capitol Hill November 3rd for Congressional representatives and their staff. The second event will be in the AARP headquarters on November 4th. I'm honored to be part of this because caregivers are very special and giving people, whether they are professionals or relatives. They deserve a unique tribute like this.

Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment