Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Fancy Feathers, 5x7 Pen and Ink Drawing

This is one of my most popular pins on Pinterest. It has been repinned a lot, although not as much as my husband's handmade guitar wine holder, below. I have decided that zentangles just don't look right in my Etsy shop. My shop is varied enough by having oil paintings and collage art, and when I look at an overview, the zentangles stick out like a sore thumb. It just doesn't look consistent.

Every January I get the urge to simplify my life, and during the course of the year I manage to complicate it more. After reading Marie Kondo's book about tidying up my house, I realize I need to do the same to my online house, because it is not, as Ms Kondo says, "sparking joy."

I created a shop just for zentangles on Etsy, set it up for digital downloads; then I said to myself, there I go again. Yet another online thing to tend to. I've become a cyberhoarder! So today I am taking the shop down. I'll post a zentangle on this blog now and then and that's that. Simple.

My main thrust for the year will be painting some larger paintings for a show in April in Virginia. Details will be forthcoming.




Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment