Sunday, February 21, 2016

Ballerina, 8x10 Figurative Oil Painting on Canvas Panel




This is a change of pace for me. I love the grace of ballerinas, and I try not to think of how their feet must hurt when they are en pointe. They sacrifice so much for their art and yet make it look like they are floating effortlessly. 

Years ago I copied a Degas painting of ballerinas as an educational exercise (below). Our painting group spent a great deal of time copying the Masters, and it was time well spent. Our grand finale was a collaboration on Klimt's "The Kiss,", which we auctioned off for charity.


Being part of a group of like-minded women artists was the best thing I ever did, and I highly recommend it to any artist, experienced or not. There is always something to be learned from others.

Carmen




No comments:

Post a Comment