Saturday, May 7, 2016

Purple Posies, 5x7 Oil on Panel Floral Painting



After my last painting, which was quite complicated, I felt the need for a painting that freed me up, so I selected this from my bouquet. This is a very "floral" week, with Mother's Day flowers and visiting Bok Tower Thursday with the Pieces of Eight painting group. I grew up a few miles from Bok Tower, and when I was young the Big Three tourist attractions were Silver Springs, Cypress Gardens and Bok Tower. Of course, Disney changed all that. Bok Tower has no thrill rides, just beautiful gardens and a gorgeous building. Below are a few pictures from our very pleasant day.

The postcard view 
The Golden Door

The last Spring blooms of the azaleas

Window on the Pond


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful one Carmen. Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful painting Casrmen. Very elegant and very zen.

    ReplyDelete