Thursday, August 4, 2016

Bermuda Scene, 8x6 Original Oil on Canvas Panel, Seascape


I used to live in this beautiful place, and I appreciated every moment there, even the rainy winters. I lived in Diamond Cottage on Suffering Lane; that was my actual address, no house numbers. Bermuda has the legendary pink sand beaches, and if you have seen the Photoshopped version on Facebook with the Pepto-Bismol pink beach, you have not seen Bermuda. It looks exactly as I have painted it. Yes, it does have pink sand, tiny bits of coral among the whiter grains, and you can see that when you are closer up. I have a bottle of it, pictured below:


Just because it's on Facebook doesn't make it so. I could make myself look 27 with my handy dandy Photoshop program. 
 
A friend of mine was a taxi driver in Bermuda, and he once had a woman ask him to stop so she could get a bottle of turquoise water to take home. Wow.

Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment