Friday, January 9, 2009

Pete's Pub


Here's a fond memory: my daughter and I riding a golf cart to get to a ferry, then a long walk to rent an old Mercedes to drive to beautiful Winding Bay, and afterward to the renowned sandwich outpost known as Pete's Pub. Most people get there by boat; we had to use various other means. My alternate name for this painting is "Low Overhead." It's a ramshackle structure rising out of white sand, with a ceiling of hanging T-shirts and delicious food. We never had anything but delicious food in the Abacos...still thinking about that coconut pie on Elbow Cay.

1 comment:

  1. I am Carmen's daughter stephanie and this was truly a special time for me. I travel so much and am always seeing things and thinking "mom would love to paint that". Watching my mom pull up on the ferry to join me in our cottage on the beach my heart swelled with excitment. Showing her the island was great. we traveled in our golf cart thru the hiways but also the biways. (my mom is more adventerous than my husband) we found secret spots she would paint later ,sea stars,sand dollars and sea biscuits. good times and coconut pie i will never forget. OH and of course Petes Pub.

    ReplyDelete