Monday, June 15, 2009

Bougainvillea, 6x8


It's a jungle out there...in my backyard, I mean. It's all so lush and green and blooming. And hot. For June, it is unbelievably hot. The pool is already like soup. What's it going to be like in August? It's a challenge in Florida at that time of year, between the heat and hurricane season. After two hurricanes pretty much destroyed our yard, I really lost interest in gardening for a long time, but have recuperated nicely. We have a loverly bunch of coconuts, papayas, tomatoes, lettuce, eggplant, peppers, lilies, bromeliads, philodendron, elephant ears, lantana, heliconia, palms, ferns, hibiscus...I could go on and on, and usually do, but it's time to get ready to join my Peeps the Pieces of Eight and do some painting and mutual uplifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment