Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Home Again


I've been on an artists' retreat with the Pieces of Eight, and it has been a fabulous time, as usual. We painted on the mountaintop, by the river, in a field by a barn, and in another field with cows, bugs, brambles, and poison ivy. We are so dedicated that we barely notice such trivialities. People passing by showed interest and we invited them to a "Still Wet" sale, and a good time was had by all. You really meet interesting people when you're sitting outside painting. While I was gone, my husband had to deal with disaster: a washer hose broke and flooded the house during the night. It's always during the night, so that the water can do maximum damage. He had to rip out the dining room carpet and spent all week drying things out. Now he is enjoying the pitter-patter of little feet in the house again (mine). When I got home I thought I was hallucinating, because there was a gorgeous new oak dining room floor! What a surprise! He never ceases to amaze me. He and our son Chad put it down over the weekend.

I did some watercolor in North Carolina, so I'm just posting a little maple leaf I painted. The leaves are just starting to turn, and I love the brilliant red maple color.

No comments:

Post a Comment