Saturday, April 10, 2010

Rock City Gardens, 8x10

Speaking of gardens, we worked in our yard yesterday. After not getting exercise since December when I got hurt, I must say it was not easy. For a small yard, we have a lot to weed, plus there is so much dead stuff now from the cold winter. I'm not complaining, though, because I was able to use both hands to pull weeds, and I am that much closer to my right hand being normal.

I wonder who decides what is a weed and what is a lovely addition to the garden? I have some white flowers that are Florida weeds from my childhood, but they are attracting honeybees, so why don't I just keep a few of them? Periwinkles are sold in garden centers now, and my father always called them weeds. Who is the Weed Decider, anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment