Saturday, December 10, 2011

Conleys Creek, 8x10 Oil on Canvas Board

Nothing can be finer than to be in Carolina in the morning...especially in the vivid colors of Fall.

Yesterday Pieces of 8 (or is it Pieces of 8's?) Kathy, Cindy and I exhibited and sold our work at a fundraiser for our local Women's Center, a wonderful cause. It was a lovely event. The night before, I must have been a bit anxious, because I had a wild dream that Lady Gaga was performing for us and selling her own fashion line. Most notable was her line of sensible shoes. I doubt Lady Gaga even knows what a sensible shoe looks like. Years ago, when I would tell my college psychology professor about a dream like this, he would say, "See me after class."

5 comments:

  1. A good laugh to start a Saturday morning. Congrats on your opening and good will. Love this creek scene. Want to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have used Lady Gaga's sensible shoes during the sale!! But wading up this creek, even in my mind, took away the aches and pains. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creek scene! Made me smile with your story too!

    ReplyDelete