Saturday, September 22, 2012

Wee Sea, 4x5 Seascape, Oil on Canvas Board

This is one of the tiniest things I have painted. Since I sometimes have a tendency toward too much noodling, this is a good exercise for me. Within four by five inches I have to follow the saying, "don't state, indicate."
PURCHASE

I am proud to report that I won an Honorable Mention in the National League of American Pen Women competition for my collage, "Night of the Iguana." This was a national competition, and Judge Patt Odom wrote about my piece:

"This reminds me of Romaire Bearden.  The Iguana is delightful, but; I respond to the surrounding negative space more.  This is where the mystery lies... It creates a musical sound not unlike Kandinsky's work.  When negative space overpowers the positive space; something special happens.  This is what I find in this piece.  I want to read and relate those elements to the "Night of the Iguana" -exciting piece!"
Night of the Iguana

1 comment: