Thursday, August 1, 2013

Rainier and Flowers, 6x6 Oil on Canvas


Big news: Contemporary Fine Arts International just posted an interview with me on their site, at http://www.cfai.co/colors-on-my-palette/carmen-beecher/. Also, I was awarded third place in their Tropical Days art challenge.

My husband and I just visited the Pacific Northwest, along with my Pieces of 8 buddy Denette and her husband. What a wonderful time we had! I visited my family there and we went to Crystal Mountain, where the above picture was taken. A gondola took us up the mountain, where we saw five volcanoes from our vantage point. It was amazing. I have never seen anything so spectacular.

Those are not wildflowers; they were cultivated, but there were plenty of wildflowers, too, including masses of lupine.
The Happy Group

No comments:

Post a Comment