Monday, December 23, 2013

Antigua Women, 20x16 Oil on Canvas

SOLD
I haven't posted in a while. I don't know if it's Christmas or what, but I seem to have lost my groove. I am not used to this. I painted a successful painting that sold right away, then I did two scrapers. What the heck?

Maybe it's bad Karma from criticizing George Zimmerman's art...nah, it couldn't be that. He sold that thing for over $100,000. I think I will coin a new term for bad art that is done by notorious celebrities: "Zimmermanist." If I paint something so bad I want to shoot someone, I am Zimmering. This week I have Zimmered twice. 

Speaking of bad art, there is a Museum of Bad Art at http://www.museumofbadart.org/ and it is a hoot. Nothing can cost over $5, and if you found it in the trash, even better. Descriptions by guest "interpretators" are hilarious.

The above painting is one I did after visiting Antigua. I loved the ladies on the beach carrying their shops around with them. When I get my groove back I will post something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment