Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Kayakers, 16x20 Original Oil Painting on Canvas

Paddling a kayak on the Olympic Peninsula
SOLD

This is a completed commission. I took a few photos as I went along, and put them together as a very brief little slideshow. Check it out on Facebook. In retrospect I wish I had cropped the photos; I had some misguided idea that it would look very much "in progress" if a little of the easel showed. 

On to the next commission, then on Monday I am challenging my painting group Pieces of 8 to do a painting in only 37 minutes. The idea came from Robert Genn, who did this exercise in his workshops. It is an agonizing exercise, and I hope we will all still be friends after it's over! 

Carmen

2 comments:

  1. this is wonderful Carmen :)
    you have some funny stuff on your Facebook page

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this painting Carmen. Your water is beautiful as is your use of sun and shadow. There is also a great sense of movement about this piece.

    ReplyDelete