Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Aunt Bea, 16x20 Pastel on Paper


I have learned that lots of people, not just Opie, have an Aunt Bea. Mine was a corker. When she gave us stink eye we knew we were in trouble. She figures prominently in my book Crackers and Oranges. When my daughter Suzanne was a baby she fell asleep in her high chair with a pork chop in her hand and Aunt Bea said, "Hmph! She's faking it." Devious little baby. 

This portrait was done years ago when I was dabbling in pastels. It's the only pastel I've ever posted on this blog. I do enjoy the medium, but I need to concentrate on my oil painting. I had a period of doing caricatures in pastel, which really worked for that medium. Let's face it, there are only so many hours in the day and so much energy I can expend, so I am working on the application of squishy oils on canvas, which I enjoy most of all. And the occasional collage. 


1 comment:

  1. Lovely portrait and story, Carmen. It's too bad that our younger generation shys away from the elderly these days. They would learn so much about life.

    ReplyDelete