Thursday, September 29, 2016

Sketch Journal: Savannah, Georgia

My sister and I just had the most fun a book lover can have; we attended the Southern Independent Booksellers Alliance Discovery Show. That's a long way of saying booksellers, authors, publishers and associated others getting together and networking about books. I did more writing in my journal than usual, because I wanted to remember the authors I heard; the occasional little caricature helped.

The first thing we did was visit the Bonaventure Cemetery, where the Bird Girl on the cover of the book "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" used to reside. Because of tourists making a nuisance of themselves, some even defacing objects in the cemetery, the statue was moved to a museum in the historic district.

The Lady Chablis, also notable in the book and movie, died September 8th.

Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment