Sunday, September 16, 2018

I Phone, Therefore I Am, 5x7 Oil on Canvas Panel, Businessman with Phone, Figurative Art


I did a series of people on phones, and this man was included. We can't see his face, but we know he is all prepped to receive calls and texts; just look at his grip on that phone. 

On a completely different subject, I am appreciating Charles Dickens and Jane Austen even more lately. It seems that all the more newly-published books I have picked up lately have drunk or crazed women as their protagonists. Some are both drunk and crazed. It is starting to wear thin. Could we have some memorable woman to look up to? I don't need the heroine to be perfect; she wouldn't be realistic if she didn't have some flaws--but could we have someone who doesn't eat business cards, see dead people or drown herself in booze every day? Any recommendations?

Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment