Thursday, July 4, 2019

Summer Sunrise Oil Painting on Canvas 24x18 Ocean Art


I decided it was time to paint something larger, a dramatic sunrise. I live across from the ocean, so there's no reason not to paint a sunrise. 

When I'm not painting I seem to be gardening more and more. I've come to realize that I am an Overgardener. By this I mean that I get so carried away planting things that I create a garden that I can barely take care of. This is not my fault; it is what my family calls "The Chulie Gene." My grandmother, who the whole world called Chulie, had a nursery, and she knew everything about plants. This gene runs through the family, and if you ever see my daughter Suzanne's posts on Facebook about her plants, you will know what I mean. She can grow vegetables, something I fail at. I specialize in weeds and flowers, both of which are thriving in my yard.

Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment