Saturday, August 8, 2009

Frangipani


This is a little 6x6 painting of my new flower. Last year my son-in-law pointed out a seed pod on our pink frangipani (or plumeria, if you wish). He said it might produce a completely different flower than the mother tree, so I planted the seeds and got this unique flower. It is not only a different color, but it's larger in size, and much more fragrant.

For some free watering of our floral delights, I went to a rain barrel workshop the other day, and we are now the proud owners of a big blue barrel. It filled up the first day we had it attached to our gutter. Now we can conveniently water the plants on that side of the house without doing the Big Hose Drag. Next I would like one by my compost bin (I told you I was a tree hugger). Saving money and avoiding the Big Hose Drag--what a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment