Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Little Garlic Makes Everything Better


Found these vegetables at the produce market, and thought they would make a nice Impressionist painting; however, this one turned out more realistic than I intended. Oh well. We were going on vacation and I didn’t want to throw the peppers away, so I Googled instructions on freezing them. I got many different answers, including one of the most boring You Tube videos I've ever seen. It took a large rustic gentleman four minutes to say "chop them up and put them in freezer bags."

Several sites recommend laying cut-up peppers on a tray in the freezer for an hour or so, then putting them in freezer bags. I opted for that one. This enables me to continue my tradition: Paint it, then eat it. And if there are scraps, compost them. I try to be At One With Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment