Saturday, May 29, 2010

Spoonbills, 18x24

Another in my series of birds and mangroves. These were two of an enormous crowd of birds at Mrazek Pond in the Everglades. I saw every bird I could think of except flamingos, plus a flock of photographers with some very serious, large lenses. I suppose some were professional photographers and some were "Birders." Bird is now a verb, you know; I have a theory about that: the term "Birdwatching" brings to mind pith helmets, khaki shorts and binoculars, kind of a goober look, whereas today's Birders are vigorous people with Tilley hats and cameras with gigantic lenses.

3 comments:

  1. Carmen, This is my new favorite from you. I seriously think that this is your venue. You are the only artist I know who will tackle these complex scenes and turn out beautiful results time after time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmen, I hadn't seen your work before. Very nice. I like it! Saw it on the dailypainteroriginals.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bird watching is indeed, fascinating. You did a wonderful painting of these birds. I saw one this year in Ft Myers, flying up from a copse of trees along Rte 75. I caught a flash of pink and thought, It CAN'T be a FLAMINGO, then I saw the shape of the bill. It's the only one I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete