Friday, November 12, 2010

Comfort Me With Apples, 8x10


The title comes from the Song of Solomon, King James Version: Stay me with flagons, comfort me with apples: for I am sick of love. 


And who wouldn't love a person who would build me something like this workstation (pretty nice segue, if I do say so myself). My husband has given me an opportunity to get organized!  See the little turquoise clock on top of the workstation? It has a snooze button and wheels. You'll notice it is not in my bedroom, because if you hit the snooze button and don't get up, the next time it alarms it leaps off the table and runs around the floor making a loud, obnoxious noise. I wonder if I should introduce it to the Roomba? 

3 comments:

  1. I love everything about this painting of yours, Carmen, the light, shadows, tones. It's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting!! The title is perfect, too.

    How nice of your husband to build your workstation! Looks like something I could use - anything to help in organization!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this too and yes, i saw the influence of Quang immediately in your work. I am a fan of his too.

    ReplyDelete