Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fuzzy Bear, 8x8 Oil on Canvas

Aren't bears both cute and terrifying? Since there was a fence between the bear and me, "cute" applied. If no fence, "terrifying." I did meet a bear across a stream in the Smokies once. I was trying to take a picture of some rhododendrons, and he ambled out of the bushes on the opposite side of the stream. I did not stick around to get the bear picture, as we were in a convertible and a quick getaway was in our best interest. He didn't look at me in any threatening manner; in fact, he appeared rather bored with my appearance and just strolled into the stream as I was skedaddling away. "Skedaddle" is such as useful word for that sort of situation, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. I love your fuzzy bear! I would buy it if I could but I don't have any money at the moment.

    ReplyDelete