Friday, March 13, 2015

Working Man 1, 14x11 Watercolor


A few years ago I painted a series of working people for a calendar for the United Association union (UA). I really enjoy paintings of the working people who get the things done that make life comfortable for the rest of us. That makes it sound like I don't work; I do. I work at art, and right now I am frustrated that I have so much else to do that I can't get to the easel. That's why I am posting paintings from the past.

I have a poem on my desk that I read when it gets like this. It was written by my friend, the lovely and brilliant JoAnna O'Keefe.

Moment to Moment

One moment I feel my life
heavily burdened,
weighed down 
by the bone crushing weight
of a thousand, thousand stones.
And the next--
by some split-second 
rearrangement 
in the order of things--
I am a shooting-star streaking
through a severe clear night.

JoAnna O'Keefe

1 comment:

  1. Looking at past paintings works to give an artist satisfaction... by comparing and contrasting the growth in one's technique and mastery.

    ReplyDelete