Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Dunes, 8x6 Oil on Canvas Panel, Seascape




Buy  

I just returned from visiting my family in Memphis, a city I really enjoy. I journaled my visit. I have capitulated and used "journal" as a verb. Shame on me.

On the right page, scenes from my son's yard.
We went to Oxford, Mississippi and toured the home of William Faulkner. There is a statue of him downtown on the square, sitting on a bench. I wanted to ask him, "Why did you make your books so hard to read?" Faulkner won the two Pulitzers and the Nobel Prize, and the town of Oxford fairly reeks of literary air. The tiny square has at least three bookstores, and John Grisham lives there.


The second day we went to the new Bass Pro Shop, recently installed in the Memphis pyramid. It's the world's biggest, and was quite an entertaining place. In the center is an elevator to the top of the pyramid, which is 321 feet high.

1 comment:

  1. Love your beach scene with those deep rich shadows. Your journaling is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete