Saturday, February 6, 2016

Snow Hill, 8x10 Oil on Panel, Landscape with Figures, Snowscape



I am a Florida Cracker. Yes, that's what we're called, and for the explanation, see my book Crackers and Oranges on Amazon.com (that's what you call shameless self-promotion). 

Anyhow, being a Florida Cracker, I am not used to snow. I didn't even see it in person until I was 15 years old. During a visit to Pennsylvania I watched these boys work tirelessly to get up the hill in deep snow to have a great ride down and start all over again. When I was a kid I felt left out because our reading books always had children playing in snow, and Christmas was white; however, my parents got to miss the kind of shoveling that northerners had to endure recently. I am very thankful to live in my warm habitat in Florida.


1 comment:

  1. Such a cute painting Carmen! Yes, we have snow and are finally getting more this week. It's been a very strange winter with above average temperatures. Our winter industries are hurting.

    ReplyDelete