Monday, February 22, 2016

White Hydrangeas, 6x8 Oil on Canvas Panel, Floral Painting



I had painted this in a different color scheme, and it never appealed to me. Every time I looked at it, something went ick in my head. This was the previous version:


I didn't like the rusty color. I'm just not a rusty person. Creaky, maybe, but not rusty. I decided to give the painting a makeover. I barely touched the flowers themselves, but look how different they appear by changing the colors around them. 

Carmen

1 comment:

  1. White Hydrangeas - sometimes shifting from a complementary color pallet to a unified color palete energizes or calls into play the composition element of 'vibration' - which is why the spots of red and orange finally 'pop' against a unified color scheme of blue and bluish green. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete