Sunday, December 2, 2018

Dora Canal, Oil Painting, 24x18 Florida Landscape


Our painting group, Pieces of Eight, was in Mt. Dora, Florida, and we went on a cruise across the big lake to the beautiful Dora Canal. The canal is pretty short, and turns into this lovely river. There is something so intriguing about a swampy river with cypresses and live oaks. The more you look, the more you see, like the plants that grow on the oak limbs, or (though not in my painting) the occasional gator eyes and nose peeking from the water.

I've decided to add the occasional cartoon to my blog, as a kind of journal illustration of what's going on in my life. Hope you like it.

Carmen

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, your cartoon is so sweet. It must be wonderful to get out with your group on your plein air trips like that. You captured the atmosphere of that type of area beautifully Carmen. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete