Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Window on the Beach, Oil Painting, 7x5 Florida Seascape


My painting group gathered at the beach on a beautiful Florida day last week and did some plein air painting. That is always an invigorating experience, and I was happy with my little picture. In picking my spot I noticed how vivid the water looked when viewed through the sea grape window. When I walked to the crossover and looked at the beach with nothing framing it, it didn't seem nearly as saturated with color. I'm sure my friend Qiang Huang could explain this to me in technical terms because he knows everything about optics and about art.

My cartoon today is one I did for a T-Shirt. It's called "The Pleininator" and features a hat with a brush holder, paper tower holder, citronella candle, cup holder, and viewfinder. My inspiration was when I painted in a cow pasture with weeds, bugs, and extreme thirst.

Carmen

2 comments:

  1. Gmail setup is the most important way to get the software to use the software first it is essential to Solve all your technical trouble . For more information visit our website -Gmail Support Number

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are going through trouble while open a Yahoo Account Recovery than you can contact on Yahoo Customer Service Phone Number.

    ReplyDelete