Thursday, December 19, 2019

Recipes, Medical History and Being Crafty



(Back)
Two of the artists in our painting group, Pieces of Eight, have inspired me this month. Jean Thomas did a journal workshop in which I participated and I learned how to make the handmade journal, above. 

During a recent doctor visit I was asked when a certain injury happened, when pain recurred, etc. and I thought that it would be handy if all that was written down in a certain place, with all symptoms, because who remembers the dates of medical problems? Fay Picardi gave me a nice little sketchbook for Christmas, and I decided that I would use that for my medical history from here forward, and include sketches of my pain locations. And of course, being me, I have already included a sketch of my doctor. To give the book more importance and assure I would actually use it, I used my newfound knowledge to fancy up the cover.

(Back)

Unlike my travel journals, for this one I say the less entries, the better!

Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment