Wednesday, February 25, 2009

20 Years


This is a big day. My husband and I have been married 20 years, and my son-in-law thinks we're weird because we have never had a big argument. People always say, "Marriage is a lot of work...you have to work hard to have a good marriage." Really? This one has been the easiest thing I've ever done. We just treat each other the way we want to be treated. Simple. No work.

My painting today is a 9x12 oil. We went to some wetlands the other day, and I must ask: when did “Bird” become a verb? There are signs saying “Birding Trail” everywhere. Does this come from the verb, “To bird?” Why isn’t it “birditize,” like “prioritize?” When did “birdwatching” fall out of favor? When people got those big giant lenses so they could “camera” better?

1 comment:

  1. Carmen, love the colors in this painting. Congratulations on your twenty years of marriage... Honor

    ReplyDelete