Friday, February 13, 2009

Workshop Joy


Just finished a workshop with Gay Faulkenberry and it was exhilarating and exhausting at the same time. She is a noted plein air painter and very cool person, and I tried to absorb as much as possible. She strokes the canvas with the touch of a symphony conductor, but her baton has bristles and paint on the end. We stood on Highland Avenue and got many interesting comments from "Where did you get that hat?" to a little boy picking up my brushes and asking if I needed this one.
Speaking of art, I read that Lucian Freud's Benefits Supervisor Sleeping, a painting of an obese nude woman sleeping on a sofa, sold at Christie's for $33.6m. That's quite a sofa painting. It's well-done, but would scare small children and women who have put on a few pounds.

3 comments:

  1. Your painting turned out beautifully. I am just now recovering. My paintings were so unfinished, I dared not post them. I love the flowers. Honor

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmen, I LOVE your workshop painting. I especially LOVE the marina painting. My only comment is ... I - and others - would probably be interested in knowing the sizes?
    Suz

    ReplyDelete