Thursday, June 24, 2010

Neti and Cherries, 5x7

This little Neti Pot is the only thing standing between me and sinus infections. Sometimes the ancient ways are best.

In my email this morning was someone wanting to buy my big painting of Spoonbills...or did they? It was actually the old Nigerian Scam, and it has a new twist for artists. Still the same basic thing, though. It's always recognizable by the bad grammar. They send you a check for more than the painting sells for, and you deposit it and send them back the difference. Their check is worthless, of course. I think I've gotten various versions of this at least 15 times. Someone must be suckered in or they wouldn't keep doing it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice painting, Carmen. What weasels, I'd hate to spend my day trying to trick someone into sending me money. Sounds exhausting. But it doesn't diminish the nice work that you do.

    ReplyDelete