Monday, July 12, 2010

Lone Palm, 4x8, Original Oil

There we were, my husband I, watching a show about creatures of the wild attacking people. Suddenly Hap said, "What--it's a snake!" and he wasn't looking at the TV. There on the floor 15 feet away was a snake. It was about two feet long, appeared to be non-poisonous. I kept an eye on it while he went to the garage and got an edging tool and sneaked up behind it. Then there was the problem of what to do next, after it was pinned to the floor. I got a garbage bag and held it down while he scooped the snake in. We have no idea how it got in, but I am so creeped out right now. How long were we cohabiting with this thing? Hm? Ick.      

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! I would be creeped out too!
    Nice brushwork in the tree paiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! We get spiders here, sometimes huge! Love the size of the canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmen, I love your art and would like to get in touch with you. I have a couple of things you wrote a few years ago and you might enjoy reading them again.
    Tom Moore WHHS Class of '58

    ReplyDelete