Saturday, July 31, 2010

Umbrellas, 5x7 Oil

These umbrellas are at a restaurant called Squid Lips on the river in Melbourne, Florida, and I enjoy seeing them when I drive over the bridge. I like the pastel chairs too. I just finished a big project and I really enjoyed getting back to the daily painting. Before I committed to being a daily painter, I saw it as daunting and wasn't sure I could keep up. Now it's just part of the rhythm of a day, although it is still daunting. A sensible daily painter would not paint a complicated scene like this one. I'll learn eventually.

7 comments:

  1. While visiting friends in Florida we went to Squid Lips. Fun!

    I like your painting. The colors and composition are great. I like the outdoor scene and those umbrellas must have been fun to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these colors. This would make a great large piece, but it's motivation that you challenged yourself to a small one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely piece. So sherbet and summer! It really works well and certainly defines the day. Now that you have put so much work into a successful small one, you know it will make a great larger piece. I agree with you that daily painting is still daunting and I keep thinking that I will get organized "one day":)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You packed quite a punch in this little 5x7! I love all those pastel colors; feels like summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors, such a good feeling in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these sherbet colors! It's amazing how much detail you were able to put into such a small painting. Great composition with great interest!

    ReplyDelete