Friday, August 20, 2010

We Can See Right Through You, 5x7

I hope you can tell the background is metallic gold. I wish you could see it in person, the gold makes it quite striking.
I think of the two haughty seashells looking at the jellyfish and accusing him of being spineless and transparent. It's a challenge painting a jellyfish, it's like a drop of water. This was late afternoon, and I loved the teardrop shadow cast by the middle shell. It was so hot, I thought maybe I would be cooler walking this morning and finding objects. Wrong. I have decided there is no "cooler." The heat is unbearable right now.

3 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you in this heat, Carmen! But what a wonderful painting! You painted a JELLYFISH!!! It looks like a bright yellow background in the photo. I'm sure it's even more stunning in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been enjoying your series but haven't had time to comment until now. Love the bright backgrounds. They just accentuate the beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your beach series is wonderful. I love the Jellyfish!!! I think that the gold background is stunning!

    ReplyDelete