Friday, September 24, 2010

The Scurrier, 5x7

 
This afternoon my husband and I were driving on the causeway over the Banana River and before us was a beautiful rainbow, a complete arc, and from the bridge we could see both ends glowing where it touched the water. What a sight! Of course, I had no camera with me. It would never work to paint something like that because it would look very hokey and unreal, like something to go on a commemorative plate. That's the way it is around here. Sometimes you just can't believe your eyes.
 
SOLD

5 comments:

  1. I love these paintings on the gold background, Carmen. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bird paintings, and the gold background. This painting has so much atmosphere, you can feel the heat of the day at the waters edge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple and so focused. Cute little guy isn't he!! Love the reflection and the eye-catching blue water glow on the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone has said it before me. I agree! :-)

    ReplyDelete