Monday, May 23, 2011

At the Museum, 5x7

I said in a previous blog that people on cell phones might make a good series, and I convinced myself. This is No. 2. "Beach Break" is No. 1. My series is called "On a Cellular Level."

I'm really pumped up after painting this one. I've been a bit overwhelmed lately and this painting made me happy. My husband is working on hard on therapy for his broken foot and he does everything he can using a cane or wheelchair. He observed that the neighbors on each side of us all have knee problems, back problems, and skin cancer problems. He says our block is just one crutch away from a telethon. 

SOLD



4 comments:

  1. Love the series idea...oh my, what great possibilities for your hand! Go, go, go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a series! The first two rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gutsy composition. I love the drama. So simple but I just keep looking at it and wondering about that phone call or perhaps text?
    (Also I love your husband's sense of humor.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strong painting Carmen - love the placement of the figure as well as the starkness of the background.

    ReplyDelete