Sunday, May 29, 2011

ILU, 8x6





This continues my On A Cellular Level series. I imagined this girl getting a text message that says "ILU" (I love you). She looks happy.

I feel so bad for all the people who have experienced disasters recently. Our family in Pennsylvania narrowly escaped injury when a tornado roared through last week. I hope their state cares more for the citizens than Florida does. Our state government passed a law recently that the insurance rates here can increase by 15% each year. Our last hurricane was almost six years ago, yet rates have jumped outrageously, so this is adding insult to injury.

Maybe the girl in my painting just heard that her premiums didn't go up this year. That would put my painting in the "Fantasy" genre.

4 comments:

  1. love the series...you are capturing a range of body language....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one, she is so happy and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful piece. I really love her gesture, her GORGEOUSLY painted hair, and that expression on her face. Really nice work! Hi Carmen, I'm new to your blog and have enjoyed browsing through your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete