Monday, July 4, 2011

Oh My Aching Back: My Whiny Post

Last Tuesday I bent over to pick a weed and my back went all wonky.  The next day I was in excruciating pain, so much so that I have not been painting. On Friday I couldn't even walk, until I got medication. I'm much better now, but I just drew this little cartoon in lieu of posting a painting. I am completely out of new paintings, which is a first.

With my husband still recovering from a crushed heel, we make quite a pair. He limps and I shuffle. How pathetic. It makes one appreciate how wonderful life is when we can move around normally.

As they say, my back goes out more than I do!

6 comments:

  1. Ouch! Hope you both feel better soon. My hubby and I make one complete person, too. He gets the things high on the shelf, I get those on the bottom or under the sink. It just works! You are so lucky to have each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds miserable! Hope you and your husband feel better SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ouch....but regardless of the way you feel you always manage to make me laugh: what a gift! Hope you are better asap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this drawing! I am currently having horrible sciatica pains and I went online to try to find a cartoon image of a woman in pain and this one came up and I used it on my blog post today http://calangel58.blogspot.com/2013/01/sciatica-update-and-recipe-and-mosaic.html

    I hope you don't mind, but if you do please let me know and I wil delete it.

    Also I love your work! I wish I had the talent to draw but alas...I'm lucky I can draw a straight line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, that's a really nice drawing. Second, take it easy with bending down. We're not young anymore so those back pains might get complications in the future. If you're gonna pick up some things on the ground, instead of having to bend your back immediately, bend your knees until you're almost squatting. That won't strain your back.

    Vanessa Adams

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi was wondering if I can post your drawing? I hurt my back and it so describes how I feel! I hope you will let me. 😊

    ReplyDelete