Saturday, July 30, 2011

Low Country Sunset, 6x6


South Carolina marshes are so much fun to paint. I'd like to paint more of them, but you know how it is...so many subjects, so little time. This one me feel better after I painted an unsuccessful painting earlier this week. I hate to admit it, but better painters than I have admitted such things. In fact, it was a floral painting and as I gaze upon it now, it looks more and more like a "scraper." I think I need to work on painting flowers, but there are so many other things, like water: seascapes, ponds, rivers, waterfalls, and, of course, marshes.

3 comments:

  1. I like the reflected light you have captured here. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice scenic take-me-away painting Carmen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting- very soft and lovely. I love painting marshes and this is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete