Monday, June 11, 2012

Girl in the Butterfly Garden, 8x10 Oil on Canvas Panel

How much fun is a butterfly garden? This one had every color of butterfly, including green. The girl's pose really struck me, it is so typical of a young girl.
The dreaded political ad season is upon us and I am disgusted already. I would like to refer politicians (especially those who claim to be saintly) to Proverbs 6:16-19:

There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him:


haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
a false witness who pours out lies
and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers.


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, Carmen. Your painting is charming and you've captured the young girl beautifully. You do have a great eye for these things. Can we send that scripture to all our politicians. They come in sheeps clothing lately using cell phones to intrude into our homes with advertisements. I can't count the times I've seen cell phone # on the caller ID and been tricked into getting a long-winded political message. I'm quite tired of not answering my own phone. This must be considered some type of oppression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gesture in this one also. It almost looks like she is trying to decide whether or not to take the path. So beautifully rendered...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The figure is set so nicely against the greenery. Love the blues in the shadows.

    ReplyDelete