Saturday, November 3, 2012

River Cave, 8x10 Oil on Canvas Panel

I haven't posted for a while because we were in Virginia during the hurricane, and we delayed our return home. My heart goes out to the citizens of New York and New Jersey. As Floridians we are very practiced at preparing for hurricanes, and the number one item on my checklist is: Evacuate! I so wish everyone had heeded that warning.
On a more peaceful note, the scene above is no longer accessible to the public, so I am glad I got this done. I've painted it twice, and here is a painting of me painting it. It's called My Happy Place.

1 comment:

  1. What a great twist to paint the painter :) Glad you made out ok during the hurricane. We are always prepared too. It just makes sense and give you peace of mind. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete