Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Marilyn, 20x20 Oil on Canvas

Only Marilyn Monroe could wear a hat like that and look so good. This is one of my favorite pictures of the photogenic Miss Monroe. I really enjoyed painting it.

Referring back to my post before last on the 26th of March, I now believe my "Mystery Bird" is a Tricolored Heron. Bird lover Kelly Ricetti's "Red and the Peanut" blog was very helpful.

I'm so happy to announce that my painting of the San Marcos Piazza in Venice won First Place in the Contemporary Fine Art International challenge, "Places I Have Been." Here's my painting:


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your win, Carmen. Well-deserved. Wow! Your Marilyn is spectacular. I hope a Marilyn fan sees it soon and snatches it up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your win...and Marilyn, what a woman.

    ReplyDelete