Saturday, July 6, 2013

Cyberspace, 5x7 Abstract Acrylic Painting

This is poured acrylic over stamped gold gesso, and the title is a nod to the internet, because of the most amazing coincidence this week. In our painting group, when it's someone's birthday, that person brings the cake. This keeps it simple. This week I brought a pineapple upside-down cake for my birthday (more about that later), and Carol Schiff gave me a birthday card that I immediately recognized as being made by my niece, Marta Pelrine-Bacon. Carol's cousin bought a set of the cards on the internet and sent them to Carol, who gave me one for my birthday, having no idea I was related to the artist who made the card. What are the odds?

I wrote to my niece, who has had serious health problems lately, and saw that she was having a big craving the same day for pineapple upside-down cake!  Again, what are the odds?
Here is the very cute card:
 Link to Card




No comments:

Post a Comment