Sunday, February 23, 2014

Coiffure, 5x7 Pen and Ink Drawing


Sometimes my hair looks like this when I get up in the morning, but not as interesting. When I drew this Zentangle I was thinking about the "Draw Me" girl--remember her? She was the ticket to correspondence art school.

This morning on the news they postulated a theory that profiles are usually drawn like this because the left side of the face is the more attractive side. My theory is that a right-handed person draws it nose-to-left, and a left-handed person draws it nose-to-right. Applies to horse drawings too. That's just my theory.

Today was the first day of the Qiang Huang workshop in Melbourne. We have a very enthusiastic class! Qiang already posted his first painting to his blog--click on the link here to check it out.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I do remember that drawing contest. I usually saw it on my Father's match books or in a magazine. Very nice, Carmen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo pour votre blog, que je suis depuis quelques mois maintenant ExpertCoiffure.Net

    ReplyDelete